|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE|
DATE: May 31, 2022
Natasha Young, Public Information Officer
PH: 770-531-5679 • FAX: 770-535-5958
GAINESVILLE – COVID-19 testing remains important in the fight against community spread. Free COVID-19 at-home test kits are available through a partnership with the federal government and the United States Postal Service.
Help protect your community against COVID-19, order your at-home test kit by visiting covid.gov/tests or order by phone in English or Spanish by calling 1-800-232-0233. Individuals with impaired hearing who require assistance should call TTY 1-888-720-7489.
Each household will receive:
- 8 rapid antigen COVID-19 tests
- Your order of 8 tests will come in 2 separate packages (4 tests in each package), each with its own tracking number
- Packages will ship free
When to test for COVID-19:
- You have any COVID-19 symptoms, test immediately
- You were exposed to someone with COVID-19, test at least 5 days after your exposure (If you test negative for COVID-19, consider testing again 1 to 2 days after your first test)
- You are going to an indoor event or a gathering, test immediately before the gathering, or as close to the time of the event as possible.
Every household in the U.S. is eligible to order at-home test kits. Order your free COVID-19 test kits at covid.gov/tests today.