CDC recommends vaccination for people who have been exposed to monkeypox and people who are at higher risk of being exposed to monkeypox, including:
- People who have been identified by public health officials as a contact of someone with monkeypox
- People who may have been exposed to monkeypox, such as:
- People who are aware that one of their sexual partners in the past 2 weeks has been diagnosed with monkeypox
- People who had multiple sexual partners in the past 2 weeks in an area with known monkeypox
- People whose jobs may expose them to orthopoxviruses, such as:
- Laboratory workers who perform testing for orthopoxviruses
- Laboratory workers who handle cultures or animals with orthopoxviruses
- Some designated healthcare or public health workers
MONKEYPOX VACCINE APPOINTMENTS ARE AVAILABLE.
Schedule your appointment online or call (888) 457-0186
If you believe you may have monkeypox, first isolate at home away from others and call your medical provider. To inquire about monkeypox testing at our District 2 health departments, please call 770-531-5692 to speak with an epidemiologist.