Individuals, organizations and businesses in our communities are doing great things to advance health and wellness for themselves and their communities. We invite you to learn about some of them here. Additionally we would encourage you to become involved in your community and send us information about initiatives that you may be doing to enhance health and wellness.
In 2019, District 2 Public Health partnered with North Georgia Health Systems, Habersham Medical Center, and Stephens County Medical Center to complete a community needs assessment (CHA). The CHA collected data related to the health of our community in all 13 counties that compile the District. Check it out here!
- American Health Association
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention – Chronic Disease
- Celebrate Healthy North Georgia
- Boys and Girls Club – Hall County
- Cedar Hill Enrichment Center – Hall & Forsyth
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta – Forsyth Campus
- City of Gainesville
- Dawson County Schools
- Direct Medical Imaging
- First Franklin Financial Corporation
- Georgia Mountain Food Bank
- Greenway, Forsyth County Parks
- Health Care Association of Forsyth County
- Legacy Link – Northeast Georgia
- Osborne Wood Products
- Royston Wellness Park
- Senior Center of Habersham Co.
- Union County Middle School